Check out our Frequently asked Questions section often for updates. We will be continuously updating it with all the
questions we receive from our valued customers.
The following technical information is provided as a supplement to the product manuals to help technicians properly install and maintain Westell-Norantel products.
Please click on the links below, these are Adobe PDF files, you may need to upgrade your version for free from Adobe's site.
1. Table 1: Allowable Ampacities for Single Copper Conductors in Free Air (PDF File)
2. Table 2: Allowable Ampacities for Not More than Three Copper Conductors in a Raceway or Cable ** (PDF File)
3. Table 5A, B, C, D Correction factors for Table 1 and Table 2. (PDF File)
4. Recommended Torques Values for Common Bolt Sizes (PDF File)
5. Compression Lug Cross-reference Information (PDF File)
6. Fuse and Lug Ordering Information
* FYI: It has been Westell-Norantel experience that our customers typically use the "RW90" column in Table 2 to determine maximum amperage for a given cable size. Please check your company for any internal standards. See the links below for information on purchasing the standards;
Canadian Electrical Code
National Electrical Code